A building can face serious attacks on its health from water. Some of the causes can be:
- Heavy rain accompanied by fast winds.
- Water leakage from a pipe in the building.
- Flooding around the building site.
- Water stagnation in bathroom, roof etc.
To protect buildings against such attacks, VNC Group proudly introduces a two-component waterproofing system – BESTBUILD H2NO. Just like a vaccine taken at childhood protects a person from diseases, H2NO protects a building from water right through its lifetime.
What is BESTBUILD H2NO?
BESTBUILD H2NO is an acrylic based, flexible, and elastomeric (rubber-like) waterproof coating. H2NO consists of two components; a liquid and a cementitious powder. The liquid and powder components are mixed and the resultant liquid is applied on the surface to be waterproofed.
Benefits of H2NO
- Provides excellent waterproofing, even when water is under high pressure.
- Cures and dries faster than single-component systems, including in challenging humid conditions.
- Offers strong adhesion on concrete or other masonry surfaces. Suitable for use on other surfaces like gypsum, stones and certain steels as well.
- Long lasting.
- Finished coating not damaged easily due to abrasion.
- Ability to retain shape after a force is applied on finished coating.
- Ability to accommodate small cracks on the surface being waterproofed.
- Water based, with low content of Volatile Organic Components (VOCs). Hence, harmless to humans and the environment.
- Provides additional flexural and splitting tensile strength to surface being waterproofed.
- Suitable for use in applications like water tanks or swimming pools where humans are directly in touch with the water that was in contact with the waterproofing coat.
Applications of H2NO
It can be used in demanding applications where substantial quantities of water can potentially attack the concrete at high pressure, such as:
- Water Tanks
- Swimming Pools
- Exterior Walls
- Balconies etc.
For best results, H2NO should be used along with Bestbuild THAR integral waterproofing admixture (www.bestbuild.co.in/thar.html).
For more information about H2NO, THAR or other products in the BESTBUILD range of construction chemicals, please visit www.bestbuild.co.in.