The market update for India in June 2021, with focus on construction sector, is as follows.
- Crude Steel production bounced back from the dip in April 2021 to reach 9.2 MMT in May 2021.
- After rising continuously since February 2021, retail prices of TMT rebars in Tamil Nadu fell by Rs. 3,583 per ton to Rs. 73,325 per ton in June 2021.
- After a substantial jump in May 2021, cement prices fell marginally in June 2021 to Rs. 476 per bag.
- Crude Oil prices continued their steady climb, reaching USD 73.16 per barrel in June 2021.
- Sensex and Nifty were close to their all-time highs in June 2021, climbing ~ 1% over the month.
- As India came out of lockdowns, the Consumer Confidence Index of the RBI increased marginally from its all-time low of 48.5 in May 2021 to 49.1 in June 2021.
- As Indian economy recovered, Gold prices weakened; falling 4.7% to Rs. 4,410 per gram by end of June 2021.